The Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA) is a global, non-profit organization that has helped solidify Customer Experience as a necessary and critical role profession.
As one of the founding corporate members of CXPA, it’s been exciting to watch the association evolve and contribute to the profession. Here are the top five reasons why I think CX professionals should join and get involved in the association.
- Google+ Hangout: These are short, informal Q&A discussions with CX experts. The hangout is on CXPA’s Google+ page and occurs on the last Wednesday of each month at noon ET. I’ve enjoyed watching them and hearing what is on the minds of other CX professionals.
- The CXPA online community: The community discussion forum is full of great ideas and best practices. There are conversations ranging from, “what should I name my team,” to “should I conduct annual or ongoing relationship studies,” to “what tool should I use for text analytics.” It’s a great platform for members to share knowledge with each other.
- CCXP (Certified Customer Experience Professional): This is the CX certification. It was developed and administered by the association and brings credibility to the profession.
- Insight Exchange: While there are other ways to network with CXPA members, I’ve found their annual event to be a great opportunity to meet other CX professionals and hear from a broad group of people, industries, and business models.
- Lesley Lykins: Another benefit of CXPA is Lesley Lykins. Lesley is CXPA’s Director of Member Engagement and she is very good at it. Lesley is passionate, organized, and a tremendous leader for the association.