This Olympics infographic, published by Forbes.com, illustrates some jolting facts about the data around the London Games:
- There are an estimated 13,000 tweets expected to be posted per second!
- One billion (with a “b”) people are expected to visit the official Olympic website – this of course does not even count websites devoted to coverage of the Games.
- 30% more results data are expected to be processed during the 2012 Games compared to 2008.
- Sixty GB per second of Olympic data are expected to flow through British Telecom’s networks.
- Four billion people were expected to tune in to the Opening Ceremonies.
By now we all know that market research in the future will be less simply about surveys and focus groups and more about helping clients extract valuable insights from tsunamis of data.
Researchers, the future is now. Expect your clients to have rivers of data for you to harness. Are you prepared to help them?
Check out the infographic below, or see it at Forbes.com.