Social Media has been around for a number of years now, yet many CEOs just don’t see the point. Most of them leave the social media activities to the marketing folks in their organization.
In a post on DIYMarketers, we explore the idea the some of today’s newest, coolest market research methods can actually be a great alternative for CEOs who hate all the hassle of social media, but want all the results.
Here is a summary of the alternatives:
- If you hate the idea of losing control of your message, then create your own customer community. You can create a customer or user panel with whom you are in regular conversation. Ask the panel questions, via survey, they will give you answers.
- Still question the ROI of social media? Create a crowdsourcing space on your site where your customers can tell you their ideas for improvements and new products and you can respond. Create a real-live brain trust and conversation that gets your customer involved in creating a product they will love and talk about.
- Sick of people’s stupid updates? Run surveys and polls on a mobile platform like SurveySwipe. You can blast out a question to their existing community or upload a list of your own. You’ll get feedback in less than 2 hours!
- 5 ways social media can help boost brand loyalty (donnygamble.com)
- What Do YOU Think? Will Social Media Replace Traditional Research Tools? (surveyanalytics.com)
- Social media comes first for customer service [Mike “Winfreight” Shraga] (ecademy.com)